Tidebook

Thanks, Marine Lab!
by Sarah Gillig -- June 6th, 2014

Wow. It’s really hard to believe that two years went by so fast. I’m very happy to announce that I am heading out West for a job (more on that soon!), but first, I’d like to take just a moment to bid farewell to the Marine Lab. I learned a lot and had a great time doing it, and I’m really sad to be leaving…but as you all may recall, I’ve left the Marine Lab before and have always wound up back again! So we’ll see.

I’ve got a diploma now (well, technically it was sent to my parent’s house but I’ll get it from them), a lot of new knowledge (including a better sense of what I don’t know), and some great friends, not just students but Duke staff and faculty, and residents of Chapel Hill, Durham, Beaufort, and Morehead City. Tremendous thanks to everyone who took me in and helped me along the way, I’ll do my best to pay it forward!

I thought it might be fitting to do a little side-by-side, from my first DUML experience and my most recent one:

Some things don't change much....

Some things don’t change much….

And since this is the age of technology, we can even take it one step further:

Yay Marine Lab! I hope to see you again soon.

Tides for Friday, June 6th, 2014, Beaufort, NC:

High: 2:20 AM, 2.86 feet

Low: 8:57 AM, 0.39 feet

High: 3:08 PM, 2.91 feet

Low: 9:23 PM, 0.7 feet

From NOAA Tides and Currents

1. Shannon
    Jun 6, 2014

I LOVE this!! The hulahoop video is amazing. Sarah, where will you be working?? So exciting!

2. Sarah Phillips
    Jun 11, 2014

Seriously cute! Please keep in touch with us on the east coast 🙂