OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE NICHOLAS SCHOOL OF THE ENVIRONMENT/THEGREENGROK’s “ENVIRONMENTAL TURKEY OF 2012” LIMERICK CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Promotion Description: TheGreenGrok’s “Environmental Turkey of 2012” Limerick Contest (“Contest”) from Duke University’s Nicholas School of the Environment begins on November 19, 2012 at noon Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends November 26, 2012, at midnight Eastern Standard Time (“EST”). The Contest is comprised of limerick writing. Multiple entries are allowed. Following the end of the Contest Period and as soon as is practicable, a single winner will be chosen. The winner will receive one Apple iPad2, valued at $399. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of THEGREENGROK/NICHOLAS SCHOOL OF THE ENVIRONMENT AT DUKE UNIVERSITY (the “Sponsor”) which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and DC and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 years or older. Void in Quebec, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law. Duke University employees involved in the administration of the Contest and Nicholas School of the Environment staff and faculty, as well as immediate family/same household members of anyone so employed or engaged, are not eligible for prize awards. No purchase necessary. Participation in the Contest constitutes Contestants’ full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions that are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
3. How to Enter: Submit an original limerick in the comments to the post entitled “Nominate Your Environmental Turkey of the Year.” Multiple entries are allowed. The winner chosen by TheGreenGrok will receive one iPad.
To be officially entered into the ENVIRONMENTAL TURKEY OF 2012 Contest, you must complete the following step:
Post an original limerick in the comments of the post entitled “Nominate Your Environmental Turkey of the Year” with a valid email address so that you may be contacted. Limericks will be approved as soon a possible. The same comment guidelines apply to this Contest. You must respond within the contest period to be eligible for the prize.
Failure to complete these steps will disqualify entrant’s entry from the Contest.
The Contest winner will be notified via e-mail within 30 days of the Contest closing date.
4. Automated Entries Prohibited: No mechanically reproduced, incomplete, forged, software-generated or automated multiple entries will be accepted.
5. Winner Selection: The one (1) winner will be selected by TheGreenGrok. Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The winner will be notified by e-mail within 30 days of the end of the Contest. The winner will have two weeks from the time the notification is sent to them to accept the prize, acceptance of which shall be granted via e-mail to “firstname.lastname@example.org.” SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY WINNER NOTIFICATION THAT IS LOST, INTERCEPTED OR NOT RECEIVED OR READ BY A POTENTIAL WINNER FOR ANY REASON. THE SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LATE, LOST OR MISDIRECTED NOTIFICATION, OR FOR A WINNER’S EFFORTS TO CLAIM A PRIZE. IF FOR ANY REASON A POTENTIAL WINNER CANNOT BE REACHED DESPITE REASONABLE EFFORTS BY SPONSOR, OR A PRIZE IS NOT ACCEPTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF THE FIRST NOTIFICATION ATTEMPT MADE BY SPONSOR, OR THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS FOUND TO BE INELIGIBLE OR NOT TO HAVE COMPLIED WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THAT POTENTIAL WINNER WILL FORFEIT HIS OR HER PRIZE AND AN ALTERNATE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED AS PER THE RULES HEREIN FROM AMONG THE REMAINING ELIGIBLE ENTRIES.
6. Prize Details: One (1) winner will receive an Apple iPad2 – 16GB. Prize retail value for the iPad is $399. Prize is not redeemable for cash.
7. General Prize Conditions: The potential winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”). The winner may also be required to sign additional documents, as deemed necessary by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If a winner fails or refuses to sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within two weeks of prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be found from among the remaining eligible entries. Prizes are not transferable and not assignable. No substitutions of prizes will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable or greater value in the event a prize or any portion thereof becomes unavailable for any reason. The winner shall be solely responsible for all taxes and fees or costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any federal or state or other income tax. The prize will be shipped to the address within the United States supplied by Winner in Contest, at no cost to Winner, within sixty days from Sponsor’s receipt of Prize Claim Documents executed by Winner.
8. Release: Acceptance of a prize constitutes the prize winner’s permission for Sponsor to use prize winner’s name for advertising and/or promotional purposes worldwide and in all forms of media in perpetuity without further compensation or authorization. Entrants agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, and their officers, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Sponsoring Entities”), shall not be responsible for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize. Entrants also agree that the Sponsoring entities have not made and shall not in any manner be liable for any warranty, guarantee, or representation, whether express or implied, with respect to any prize, including without limitation, the prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. IF FOR ANY REASON THE CONTEST IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSES WHICH CORRUPT OR AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THE CONTEST, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR TERMINATE THE CONTEST. Further, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) acting in violation of these Official Rules; (c) otherwise taking actions that do or are intended to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE WINNERS TO SUBMIT TO A CONFIDENTIAL BACKGROUND CHECK TO CONFIRM ELIGIBILITY AS A CONDITION OF AWARDING THE PRIZE TO HELP ENSURE THAT THE USE OF ANY SUCH PERSON IN ADVERTISING OR PUBLICITY FOR THE CONTEST WILL NOT BRING CONTEST PARTIES INTO PUBLIC DISREPUTE, CONTEMPT, SCANDAL OR RIDICULE OR REFLECT UNFAVORABLY ON THE CONTEST AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
9. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to the choice of law provisions thereof.
10. Name of Winner: For the name of winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Environmental Turkey of 2012” Contest, Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University, LSRC Box 90328, Durham, NC 27708. Vermont and Washington State residents may omit return postage.