Climate Change Chatter, 4th Edition

A continuing series on what folks in the public sphere
have been saying about climate change this week.

This week’s climate quotes focus on President Obama’s State of the Union address and reactions to it.

“For the sake of our children and our future, we must do more to combat climate change.” 
— President Barack ObamaState of the Union address, February 12

“No matter how many job-killing laws we pass, our government can’t control the weather.”
— Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), in the Republican response to the State of the Union address

“But if Congress won’t act soon to protect future generations, I will. I will direct— [applause] I will direct my cabinet to come up with executive actions.”

“I don’t know what actions the president thinks he can take.”
— John Boehner, U.S. Speaker of the House to CNSNews.com/FoxNews

“A year and a half ago, I put forward an American Jobs Act that independent economists said would create more than one million new jobs. I thank the last Congress for passing some of that agenda, and I urge this Congress to pass the rest.”

“It is telling that President Obama seemed more concerned about climate change than job creation, clearly following a well-worn path for this administration where no crisis goes to waste in pursuit of the President’s progressive agenda.” 
— Thomas Pyle, president of the Institute for Energy Research, a not-for-profit research and analysis group that focuses on free-market energy and environmental policy, in reaction to the president’s speech

Related Links

• Climate Change Chatter, Issue 1
• Climate Change Chatter, Issue 2
• Climate Change Chatter, Issue 3

Latest twitts

1.  

Flickr

Recently commented

1. Jun 28, 2014 by Curt Richardson

2. Jun 22, 2014 by Johnf193

3. Jun 19, 2014 by CrisisMaven