Experimental Tropical Marine Ecology

¡Estamos aquí!
by -- October 9th, 2010

We´ve finally arrived.

To all the concerned parents and friends: We made it! (and, wow, this keyboard is strange.) We stayed at a hotel in Panama City last night and in a few minutes we´re going on a short excursion to the rainforest, where we will go up to the canopy in a crane to see the trees and, hopefully, wildlife.

Getting off the plane was fine, and no one lost their bags, luckily! Once we get get to our island (Bocas del Toro, which you can find on Google Maps) we´ll be nice and settled in and I can post a REAL blog – with pictures! Because, trust me, we´ve already taken lots.

Also, I was told that we may have access to an international prepaid phone, so hopefully we´ll each be able to call home at least once. Don´t be surprised if you see a Panamanian number show up on your caller ID!

Until then,

Allyson

1. debbie boddiford
    Oct 12, 2010

thanks for keeping the parents posted via this blog! I am so glad that all your luggage arrived! This was a major concern of mine as I have traveled to Bocas and know that it is not quite like being in the States. Enjoy your time there. I am jealous!!!

Laurie,s mom