DEL: Where will you log in?

Overwhelmed? Take a break and breathe
by Megan Green -- November 5th, 2014

There is one thing every yoga class has in common: the focus is always on breathing.  No matter the pose, if you are breathing, you’re doing it right!

Confession: I’ve been feeling a little stressed. My to-do list is out of control. I’m starting to worry I may not get it all done.

Last week, I had one of those awful, paralyzing moments where you have so much to do that you don’t know where to start. I felt like Bambi in the headlights of an oncoming freight-train.  So, I focused on the lessons learned from my year of yoga practice. I took a deep breath. And I texted my mentor for a much needed pep talk.

Feeling a little more in control, I picked something small from the to-do list. Something I could finish, then reward myself with a big check mark.  Something like…my blog post!

check mark

Moral of the story: No matter how organized and disciplined you are, at some point in your DEL journey you’re going to feel overwhelmed.  When it happens to you, stop, take a deep breath, and pick something small from your to-do list.

And remember, if you’re not breathing, you’re not doing it right. It’s a good mantra for yoga, for life, and for graduate school.

Namaste, y’all!