Good COP, Bad COP

Let the Conference Begin!
by -- December 6th, 2009

Eagerly awaiting the conference opening

Well, I have arrived in Copenhagen, the first member of the Duke contingent here.  I’m excited for the conference to start tomorrow.

I’ve already been to the grocery store to pick up the makings for coffee and peanut butter sandwiches, covering all of a grad student’s nutritional needs.  I thought I’d actually picked up the makings for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but the spread seems to be coffee flavored.  Whoops.

Tomorrow’s adventures will include registering at the Bella Center, attending my first meetings, and eating my first peanut-butter-and-coffee-spread.

1. Patrick DiCiaccio
    Dec 7, 2009

Hello,

My name is Patrick and I am also currently in Copenhagen. I am applying for my MEM/MPP concurrent at Duke for Fall 2010. It’s great to see that there is a group coming here to the Conference.

I am here with my alma mater, Ithaca College. We have an exhibit named “POPCOP15;” a public opinion poll linking the public voice to the media and delegates. It is located near the exit about two spaces before the coat check.

Enjoy the Conference! Perhaps we all will meet.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    pjdiciac@hotmail.com
    0115854154766

• Prasad Kasibhatla
      Dec 8, 2009

Patrick,

My name is Prasad Kasibhatla and I am on the faculty at the Nicholas School. I’ll be in Copenhagen Dec 12-19, and will stop by your exhibit. And hopefully get to meet you.

Best,
      Prasad

• Patrick DiCiaccio
        Dec 11, 2009

Hello Professor Kasibhatla,

Great to hear back from you. I unfortunately must leave the Conference tomorrow and will therefore miss you. However, students from Ithaca College and Dickinson College will be attending the booth and would certainly enjoy a visit. Our professor, Susan Allen-Gil, is a Nicholas alumna; MEM, Enviro Tox.

Cheers,
        Patrick