Good COP, Bad COP

Finally Here (and fully awake)!
by -- December 12th, 2009

My journey and today’s schedule

After a day of flights, delays, and sprinting through the airport, I finally made it to Copenhagen. My arrival into the airport was greeted with a special customs line for COP 15 participants, and having arrived at 7:00 a.m., I had no line to wait in. From there I walked out of the airport to catch the free shuttle to the COP 15 convention center. By 8:00 a.m. I was registered and ready for action. Well, sort of. Jet lag had taken the better of me.

Yesterday was spent emailing, attending a few presentations, and trying to stay awake. By the end of it, I figured I had been awake for somewhere around 35 hours straight. I ate a pizza and passed out. Oh, and my electric converter for the Danish outlets fried the electricity in half of my flatt (I’m sharing it with 7 other students) — I don’t think I made any friends with that. We’re hoping it will get repaired today.

Today I slept in and just made it to the convention center. I’ll be leaving in just a few minutes to attend the climate justice protest going on today. It looks like it’s going to be pretty big, so I’m excited to see how it goes! I’ll be bringing my camera, so expect pictures when I report back. I had been video taping a lot of things yesterday, but it looks like I won’t be able to upload the footage to my computer for blogging (it’s a borrowed camera), so my apologies for that. I’ll let you know if that changes though.

I’m sorry for posting such a bland blog — I need to take the metro over to the protest (it starts in 15 min!!), but more of my first thoughts and impressions of the conference can be found in this Herald Sun article. Hope you enjoy!

1. Courtney
    Dec 12, 2009

It’s ok, Mike. We are now using only half of the electricity that we otherwise would have used…so really, you are helping decrease our environmental footprint. 🙂